Monday, September 21, 2009

UK Nurse to Lose Job for Wearing Cross


The assault on Christianity in the UK continues, but at the same time Islam continues to grow stronger. The UK is quickly heading towards disaster and they need to put on the breaks before it is too late. At the end of the article, I have posted some interesting comments about this that were left on an Islamic site.


UK Nurse to Lose Job for Wearing Cross

CAIRO — A devout Christian nurse is being ordered to remove a cross or face suspension, The Sun reported Monday, September 21.

“Being told to take it off has completely and utterly shaken me,” Shirley Chaplin said.

"I don't want to have to decide between my faith and my job.”

The 54-year-old nurse, from the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Trust, was asked to stop wearing a silver Cross openly or face suspension.

She was also taken off duty over her Cross and was offered to switch to an administrative role.

Hospital officials argue wearing the Cross violates the uniform policy and poses danger to patients.

“I've worn it for years and now, at the end of my career, I'm told to take it off,” said Shirley, who has worn her Cross for the 38 years.


"For about 30 years I have worked in the NHS and nursed patients day and night and on no occasion has my cross caused me or anyone else, any injury - and to my knowledge, no patient has ever complained about me wearing it.

"The trust even refused to test the 'breaking strain' on the necklace.

"I can't explain how important the cross is to me. My Christian faith is what motivates me to care for others.”


Link to Article


Such a big deal

By SwordOfTruth on 2009-09-21 16:09 (GMT)


Why is the nurse being so stupid and making such a big deal out of it, and losing her job. The cross as every single denomination in christendom would say is not an article of faith, and a christian does not have to wear. Whilst a turban, a hijab, a skullcap, are all articles of faith for these religious communties.



Honestly who cares?

By Mohammed on 2009-09-21 15:43 (GMT)


Really who cares? There is a huge difference between the hijab and the crucifix. Hijab is obligatory and not simply a display of somebody's faith, while the crucifix is. It's a symbol of a false and way distorted religion loaded with contradictions! Centuries after the disappearance of the prophet Jesus (peace and blessing be upon) and out of the blue they decided to make him divine in a meeting. A gross distortion of his message, and a huge transgression on him.

No comments: